Schulart: International School
International School of Stuttgart. Sindelfingen Campus.
The International School of Stuttgart is one school, located on 2 campuses. The Sindelfingen campus is situated 20 km to the west of Stuttgart. Founded in 2003, ISS Sindelfingen is a private Kindergarten and school offering a dual language (English/German) approach to both globally-mobile and local internationally-minded families. The dual language approach is unique in international schools in Germany and is designed to help native and non-native English and German speakers become bilingual and bi-literate. In the Primary School (Grades 1 to 5) the classes are teamtaught (full time class teacher and 50% German team teacher) ISS Sindelfingen currently has 180 students from Kindergarten, to 10th Grade.
ISS Sindelfingen is seeking a part time
German Teacher (Primary School)
starting 1st August 2019 – initially for 2 years
- will have a qualified teacher status and have a minimum of two years teaching experience
- will be motivated and enthusiastic teacher of German language, literature, grammar and culture
- will be committed to a collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- will be committed to teaching within a dual language approach
- will be fluent in German and proficient in English
- will be fascinated by the process of learning for understanding, open to new ideas, humorous and flexible
- Have up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of children and young people
- Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Value and respect the views and needs of children and young people
We are interested in interviewing experienced Primary Years teachers.
The candidate should have German language teaching experience and should be a good team-player. A commitment to collaborative planning with colleagues and promoting a dual language learning approach is essential. We encourage questioning, exploration, and the articulation of ideas, opinions and discoveries. Evidence of the ability to facilitate learning in a multicultural and multilingual setting will be required at interview.
For further information about ISS Sindelfingen, please visit our website: https://www.issev.de/sindelfingen-campus-profile
Applications, in English please, including a letter of application, résumé/curriculum vitae, certificates, a statement of your educational philosophy and references should be submitted to HR@issev.de. Applications will be handled with discretion.