Grundschullehrer/in - Muttersprache Deutsch
The role of the Primary Class Teacher is to build and maintain successful teaching and learning in the Primary School by providing an educational atmosphere conductive to learning and developing through the process of inquiry. All lessons are to be delivered in the German language.
- Design, prepare and deliver high quality lessons in German language to suit the individual needs of all students
- Inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide targets so that all learners can see success and improve
- Collaborate with other teachers to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge
- Communicate accurately and regularly with parents
- Liaise with the Head of Primary School, Grade Coordinator and Subject Coordinators and PYP Coordinator to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to the class, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, evening events, conferences
- Maintain constant awareness of the needs of any children to whom German is another language
Candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
- Cover letter addressed to the Head of School, no longer than two pages, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this particular position
- Current CV / resume not to exceed two pages with passport size photo
- A list of 3 professional referees with current contact details (position, phone number and e-mail address) not older than 5 years
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SISD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its employees and students. A police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.